Energy Audit also referred to as Power Audit is an inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy consumption in a building, processor system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output. When the object of study is an occupied building then reducing energy consumption while maintaining or improving human comfort, health and safety are of primary concern. Beyond simply identifying the sources of energy use, an energy audit seeks to prioritize the energy uses according to the greatest to least cost effective opportunities for energy savings.
Advantages of Energy Audit
- Measure the energy consumption.
- Identify the cost of energy used.
- Provide cheap solutions to reduce energy consumption.
- Replace the equipment to decrease energy cost.
- Comparison with electricity bill and replacement cost of equipment.
- Reduce Generators fuel consumption.
- Design Solar backup system to save running cost.