Solar Street lights are raised light source which are powered by photovoltaic panels generally mounted on the lighting structure. The photovoltaic panels charge a rechargeable Deep cycle battery. Which powers a LED light during the night. Most solar panels turn on and turn off automatically by sensing outdoor light using a light source.
Solar streetlights are designed to work throughout the night. Mostly 30w, 60w lights used in residential societies, commercials & Industrial sector.
- Solar street lights are independent of the utility grid. Hence, the operation costs are minimized.
- Solar street lights require much less maintenance compared to conventional street lights.
- Since external wires are eliminated , risk of accidents minimized.
- This is non polluting source of electricity.
- Separate parts of solar street light system can easily carried to the remote areas.